Monday, December 30, 2013

Be a Leader not a Follower

I was looking at Psalms 37:1-2 and it reads, "Don not fret because of those who do wrong;" verse 2 "for like the grass they will soon wither, like green plants they will soon die away." Growing up I was raised in the church, but watching things on TV and seeing the popular crowd at school I grew up wanting to be in that world. I remember my mom always telling me to be a leader not a follower. It wasn't until recently in University that I understood what that meant and how that can be transcribed through the Bible. Often times we see in the Bible that someone will be exposed to that world simplyto have a story of grace and mercy through faith in the end. I remember thinking often times during my sophmore year of college that if I wan't hanging out with my friends on the weekend I was missing out on something so good. However one thing I've noticed is when you give in to your temptations you begin to do the same thing repeatedly aiming for the satisfation you obtained the first time. It seems more like insanity than fun now that I see it from the outside looking in. I feel like when people don't understand redemtion, His grace, mercy and favor or lose faith due to patience they start to see the things they are doing as their only option of happiness, however, temporary it may be they feel its nothing else they can do. When you truly look past yourself and allow God to change your life from the inside out you'll be surprised at the eternal happiness you can have. I've been told  in life that when you are to speaking to someone it's not what you say, but rather how you say it so in reality there is nothing you can do about things in your life, but God; He can calm the seas and move mountains. So in the end you can't allow yourself to be apart of that crowd that you feel is so cool. We can look in the Bible where God has allowed people to have their heart's desire over Him and they are left without His favor. It ultimately makes me wonder why we would like cool or clod darkness rather than a shinning light with the all consuming fire of God's great energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
Thoughts of a Songbird by Ashley McHayle is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.